Packs for Survival Blog
PreparednessLeave a comment...
Knowing immediate protective actions that you and your family, or co-workers may need to take, an emergency plan can mean the difference between life and death.
* Where will you meet your family members? You should not only have a location to meet outside the home, but also a location outside the neighborhood.
* Identify an out-of-state contact for family members to check in with.
* Plan for all possibilities: extended stay shelter-in-place, or evacuation.
* How will you escape buildings that you occupy on a regular basis: your home, workplace, school, or place of regular gathering?
* What route will you use to evacuate? Make sure you have several alternate routes as well. Do you have adequate transportation?
* Do you have enough emergency supplies for you and your family in some kind of grab and go kit?
Be sure to practice your disaster preparedness plan with your family, and make sure all members know where your survial or disaster kit is, and that they have all the emergency meeting locations, and contact numbers.